What to Expect From a Modern Architect
Most people understand that a professional architect is responsible for the overall look and design of a building. What they may not realize is that there is much more to it than that.
Architecture design is what draws people to a building, but if the structure isn’t safe and functional, it is not a successful design. A building can be striking and well-designed, but if it is not affordable, it won’t be built.
Modern architect Steve Young understands and is responsible for balancing the wants and needs of oysk3 architect’s clients to develop a plan that meets aesthetic desires while being a safe, functional, and affordable building design.
When working with a professional architect like our Cara Knapp, expect to dive deep into the requirements for the building and your vision for the completed project. You will also spend time discussing your budget.
While any project involving a modern architect will take advantage of their design expertise, there are a few different ways they may work.
- Some architects include predesigning work as part of their offerings. They can take care of environmental impact and feasibility studies before you get too far along in the planning. They can also help with site selection if you like.
- Once the initial proposal is fleshed out, the architect creates the construction plans. This includes much more than exterior drawings and floorplans. The architect will include plans for the structural systems, such as electrical, plumbing, and heating and cooling.
- During the development process, the architect not only works to meet their clients’ vision for the project, but is responsible for making sure the project meets zoning laws, building codes, and any other ordinances required in the community.
- After the design is complete, a modern architect can continue to provide input and support for the build. Many clients want to use the architect’s experience to obtain bids for construction, make their choice of builder, and put together a contract with the contractor.
- Even once the building process begins, the architect can remain involved. They can make visits to the site to monitor progress and ensure the contractors are following the design plans.
What to Expect When Working with Oysk3
The oysk3 process starts with defining the scope of your project. This ensures everyone is on the same page regarding goals, budgeting, schedule, and expectations. Oysk3 is there every step of the way, moving through the preliminary design phase, through the due diligence process, and into development.
Oysk3 handles the necessary documentation and administrative work throughout the construction process. When you partner with oysk3, you have an advocate and partner in bringing your vision to life.
Training for the Modern Architect
The modern architect most often completes a 5-year degree to earn a bachelor of architecture. For those who hope to transfer into architecture and have an undergraduate degree, earning a master’s in architecture provides the necessary training.
Each state has its own licensing requirements for architects, however, the National Architectural Accrediting Board sets standards that most states follow. After graduation, the new architect must work under supervision for three years before they qualify for licensing.
The majority of the architects at oysk3 received their education from the University of Tennessee school of architecture. In addition to talented architects licensed to work in Tennessee, oysk3 has architects who are licensed in Kentucky, North Carolina, Virginia and Utah.
The training required to become a professional architect ensures that standards are high. When you work with a licensed architect, you can feel confident that they have the training and experience to bring your vision to life.